Off the beaten path

Posted 5/2/2014

I thought I'd do a quick post on a few things that we've seen that just caught my eye, not necessarily big tourist draws...

Shop windows can be very artistic (this one was near the Odeon Theatre):


... an added bonus if they include a cat!!  (This is a music store.)






Below is a statue of Mihai Eminescu, "le plus grande poete Roumain", in the Latin Quarter, where they appreciate poets:




One of the readers of this blog, who has been to Paris herself, advised me to look online for ideas of what to see in Paris, and I thank her for that.  I found online a woman's description of how she stumbled onto "the cutest street in Paris" (Rue Cremieux), and I went looking for it.
On the way, I crossed a footbridge over the Bassin de l'Arsenal (which becomes the Canal St. Martin), and that was more scenic than I expected:


(The Colonne de Juillet at Place de la Bastille is in the background.)

After a couple more blocks, you seriously lose the scenery-- until suddenly it pops up again in the form of this cute little street!







... with more cat art! (as well as bird and wisteria art).


Oops, we have strayed back on to the Beaten Path... well, we did go see the Tour Eiffel, as did this young woman, who may have come straight from the train station.

We were pleased to see a peace monument nearby, right across from the Ecole Militaire!  The monument has the word "peace" written in many different languages.







Bonne soiree!
LeeAnn





No comments:

Post a Comment